Friday, 12 July, 2024, Reg No- 06
Advance Search

Amonia gas cylinder blast in Bhola leaves woman dead

Published : Sunday, 9 June, 2024 at 4:58 PM  Count : 216

Amonia gas cylinder blast in Bhola leaves woman dead

Amonia gas cylinder blast in Bhola leaves woman dead

An elderly woman was killed and two others, including a child, fell sick inhaling ammonia gas after a gas cylinder exploded in an ice factory in Bhola’s Daulatkhan upazila on Saturday.

The accident occurred around 7pm on Saturday at Khorshed Alam Darvesh's ice mill.
The deceased Siddiqa Khatun was wife of late Hadis Mia who was a resident of Ward No. 3 in the municipality.

Meanwhile, the injured are Faiza, daughter of Mofiz, and Humaira, daughter of Bellal, of the area.

Witnesses said that due to the explosion, ammonia gas spread out in the area and the tin shed roof of the factory blew away and the walls burst.

On information, two skilled firefighters were sent inside the ice mill with protection to see the situation.

Inhaling ammonia gas is very harmful. If it enters the human body, people can get sick and die. So, efforts are being made to move people in the area to a safe distance, said the Fire Service.

Siddiqa Khatun, Faiza and Humaira of the neighboring house fell seriously ill as they inhaled the toxic gas.

Locals rescued them and took them to the hospital where th on duty doctors referred them to Bhola Sadar Hospital for better treatment. Siddiqa Khatun died while undergoing treatment there.


Related Topics

Bhola   explosion  

Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Phone: PABX- 41053001-06; Online: 41053014; Advertisement: 41053012.
E-mail: info©, news©, advertisement©, For Online Edition: mailobserverbd©
  [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft