A five-year-old child died from electrocution at Bagha upazila of Rajshahi district on Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased was Istehar Ali, 5, son of Rejaul Islam, a resident of Bajitpur village under the upazila.
According to the deceased's family members, the child came in contact with a live electric wire when he went to a chicken farm to collect eggs. He was critically injured.
He was taken to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital but he succumbed to his injuries on the way to the hospital.
Local Union Parishad Member Alauddin confirmed the death matter.