Wednesday, 27 September, 2023, 1:02 AM
Advance Search
Home National

Siblings die of 'pesticide poisoning' in Dhaka

Published : Monday, 5 June, 2023 at 6:42 PM  Count : 824

Siblings die of 'pesticide poisoning' in Dhaka

Siblings die of 'pesticide poisoning' in Dhaka

Two siblings died after inhaling toxic insecticide, intended to kill cockroaches, at their home in Dhaka’s Bashundhara residential area on Sunday.

The deceased were – Shayen Mobarat Jahin, 15, and his brother Shahil Mobarat Johan, 9 – both were sons of Mobarak Hossain and Sharmin Jahan Lima.
Quoting the deceased's family members, police said workers of a pest control service sprayed insecticide at their new home in Bashundhara’s Block I last Friday. The family members left the house after insecticide was used.

On Sunday, they returned to the house and fell sick after inhaling the pesticide.

They were rushed to Evercare Hospital in Dhaka, they said.

Nine-year-old Johan died early Sunday and Jahin breathed his last at night while undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Bhatara Police Station officer-in-charge Md Asaduzzaman confirmed the death matters.

The deceased’s father was taking preparation to file a complaint in this regard, the OC added.


Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Phone: PABX- 41053001-06; Online: 41053014; Advertisement: 41053012.
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], For Online Edition: [email protected]
  [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft