Valuables worth Tk 20 lakh gutted in Habiganj
Published : Saturday, 25 March, 2023 at 11:35 AM Count : 287
Valuables worth Tk 20 lakh were gutted in a fire that broke out at a coil mill in Kalarduba area of the Habiganj on Friday night.
Locals said the fire originated from the electric short circuit at the meter box of the ‘Khaja Coil Mill, around 8pm and soon engulfed the entire warehouse.
Owner of the mill and general secretary of Habiganj Merchant Association Mofizur Rahman said valuables, including machinery, worth Tk 20 lakh were damaged during the fire incident.
Fire Station Leader Protish Kumar said two units of fire fighters from Habiganj fire Station rushed to the spot and brought the flame under control after one hour and the estimated cost of the damaged goods were Tk 20 lakh.