3 women burnt in Uttarkhan gas leakage
Published : Saturday, 31 December, 2022 at 4:34 PM Count : 285
Three female members of a same family suffered burn injuries in a fire caused by an apparent gas leakage at their house at Uttarkhan area of the capital on Friday night.
The injured were identified as Dalia Akhtar, 35, her mother Alea Begum, 50 and her niece Anjana Rahman Laiju Akhtar, 29.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Uttarkhan Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Abdul Majeed confirmed the matter to BSS today, saying that the accident took place on the third floor of a building called 'Dream Palace' located at Rajabari-Atipara area under Uttarkhan police station around 8.30 pm.
However, the condition of Laiju among the burn-victims is said to be critical, he added.
Meanwhile, Dabirul Islam, the husband of the burn-victim Dalia, said that the gas blast happened when his wife, mother-in-law and niece went to the kitchen to make tea.
Later, the fire spread to the entire kitchen, he said.
He claimed that the reason behind the dire was the leakage in the stove of the house's kitchen.