4 family members burnt in Munshiganj gas cylender blast
Published : Thursday, 2 December, 2021 at 12:45 PM Count : 415
All the four members of a family, including two children, sustained burn injuries from a fire triggered by a gas cylinder explosion at their house at Sadar upazila in Munshiganj district on Thursday.
The victims Kawsar, 42, his wife Shanta, 38; and their children Yasin, 6, and Fatema, 3 were first taken to Munshiganj General Hospital. Later, they were shifted to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.
Dhaka Fire Service and Civil Defense control room duty officer Dewan Azad Hossain said the fire broke out on the first floor of a two-storey house at Char Muktarpur area following the cylinder explosion around 4.30am, leaving the four members injured.
Being informed, a fire fighting unit rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze.