Monday, 6 December, 2021, 9:22 PM
Advance Search
latest
Home Countryside

Five houses gutted in Noakhali fire

Published : Monday, 16 August, 2021 at 5:26 PM  Count : 352
Upazila Representative

Five houses gutted in Noakhali fire

Five houses gutted in Noakhali fire

Five houses were gutted in a fire at Companiganj upazila in Noakhali district early Monday.

Local sources said the fire broke out from a kitchen of a house in word No. 1 under Charhajari union around 4:30 am and soon engulfed adjacent houses.

On information, fire fighters from Companiganj Fire Service and Civil Defence rushed to the spot and doused the fire after one hour of effort, said local UP member Enayet Hossain.

The estimated loss caused by the fire is around Tk 10 lakh, he added.

A wedding ceremony was taking place in that house.

Companiganj station manager Md Jamin Mia said the fire might have originated from the stove in the kitchen.

HMR/ALM

Related Topics

Noakhali  




« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone: PABX 223353467, 223353481-2; Online: 9513959; Advertisement: 9513663.
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft