Sunday, 20 June, 2021, 4:23 AM
latest
Home National

5 suffer burn injures in Ctg house fire

Published : Sunday, 16 May, 2021 at 12:03 PM  Count : 363
Observer online Report

5 suffer burn injures in Ctg house fire

5 suffer burn injures in Ctg house fire



Five people sustained burn injuries in a fire caused from explosion at a flat in Chattogram's Bakalia area on Saturday night.

Injured Pradeep Das, 52, Madhusudan Dutta, 45, Jodu Bishwas, 55, Pankaj Dey, 40, and Kishore Kumar Dey, 42, were admitted to Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH).

The CMCH police outpost assistant sub-inspector Shilbrata Barua said the house owner Pradeep Das and the four of his friends were playing cards at Pradeep's house at night.

The explosion took place when Pradeep lit a gas lighter for cigarettes.

The hospital Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit chief Dr Rafiq Uddin said, "Forty to 75 per cent of their bodies have been burnt. Of them, the condition of Pradeep is critical."

TF

Related Topics

Ctg   Fire  




« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone: PABX 223353467, 223353481-2; Online: 9513959; Advertisement: 9513663.
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft