Thursday, 24 June, 2021, 6:47 PM
Advance Search
latest
Home Countryside

2 die after inhaling toxic gas in Kushtia septic tank

Published : Friday, 7 May, 2021 at 2:03 PM  Count : 232

Two construction workers died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at Jugia Palpara in Sadar upazila of Kushtia on Friday morning.

The deceased were identified as Sadek Bachchu, son of Chhamed Mandal  and Manik, son of Ruhul, of Paschim Gobindpur village in Mirpur upazila.

Local sources said Manik first got down into the septic tank in the house of Sadek's sister in the morning.  Later, Manik went inside as Sadek did not respond.

Sadek's sister raised an alarm when none of them came out. Local residents pulled the duo out of the septic tank and rushed them to Kushtia General Hospital where doctors declared them dead.

Kushtia Model Police Officer-in-Charge (OC) Shawkat Kabir said the bodies have been sent to the hospital morgue for an autopsy.

LY







« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone: PABX 223353467, 223353481-2; Online: 9513959; Advertisement: 9513663.
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft