Worker, mother die while rescuing minor from septic tank
Published : Wednesday, 3 March, 2021 at 9:02 PM Count : 321
Three people including a minor boy and his mother died inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at Bhaluka upazila in Mymensingh district on Wednesday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Sreemoti Ruli, 30, and her son, Rahit, 3, and construction worker Hridoy Hossain, 22.
Local sources said Rahit slipped into a septic tank of Provita Group at Bagar Bazar in the afternoon while playing nearby it.
Ruli immediately jumped into the tank to save his son. As she did not get up, Hridoy also went down to rescue them.
But, they all died inhaling toxic gas in the tank.
Being informed, firefighting personnel rushed there and recovered the bodies, said Manim Sarwar, in-charge of Trishal Fire Service and Civil Defence.
A pall of gloom descended in the area hearing the death news of the trio.