4 of a family burnt alive in N'ganj fire
Published : Saturday, 23 January, 2021 at 9:46 AM Count : 461
A couple and their two children burned to death from a fire caused by electric wire in Narayanganj's Rupganj upazila on Friday night.
The victims were identified as Masum Miah, 40, his wife Sima Begum, 32, their sons Md Russell, 17, and Rahmat Ullah, 10. The children had disabilities.
The tragic incident took place around 8:45pm at Kumartek area under Sector 11 of Purbachal Uposhahar.
bdnews24.com adds: A torn electric wire of Dhaka Electric Supply Company or DESCO fell on a power line of Rural Electrification Board in the evening, said Uddipan Bhakta, station officer of Purbachal Fire Service.
After sparks, the REB cable fell on the tin-shed house of the victims, triggering the fire. Masum and the two boys died at once while Sima was declared dead at the Rupganj Upazila Health Complex, said Uddipan.
The fire service official said the firefighters doused the fire immediately as the house is situated very near the station.
The bodies were sent to the Narayanganj General Hospital mortuary for post-mortem examination, said Rupganj Police Station OC Mohsinul Quader.