12 shops in Lalmonirhat gutted by fire
Twelve shops in Sadar upazila of Lalmonirhat were gutted by fire on Monday morning.
The fire originated in the dish control room of Haque Market in the upazila at 6:30am and it soon engulfed the entire market.
Being informed, members of Fire service and Civil Defence rushed to the scene and doused the blaze after one hour of frantic efforts.
Shahedul Islam, deputy director of the Fire Service, said the fire might has been originated from an electric short circuit. The damage caused by the fire was estimated at Tk 20-25 lakh.