Saturday, 23 January, 2021, 10:33 AM
latest 4 of a family burnt alive in N'ganj fire      
Home Countryside

12 shops in Lalmonirhat gutted by fire

Published : Monday, 23 November, 2020 at 12:36 PM  Count : 223
Observer Correspondent

12 shops in Lalmonirhat gutted by fire

12 shops in Lalmonirhat gutted by fire



Twelve shops in Sadar upazila of Lalmonirhat were gutted by fire on Monday morning.

The fire originated in the dish control room of Haque Market in the upazila at 6:30am and it soon engulfed the entire market.

Being informed, members of Fire service and Civil Defence rushed to the scene and doused the blaze after one hour of frantic efforts.

Shahedul Islam, deputy director of the Fire Service, said the fire might has been originated from an electric short circuit. The damage caused by the fire was estimated at Tk 20-25 lakh.

MS/TF

Related Topics

Lalmonirhat   Fire  




« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone: PABX 9586651-58; Online: 9513959; Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft