Man dies from electrocution in Laxmipur
A physically disabled man died from electrocution in Laxmipur’s Ramgati upazila on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Rakib Hossain Patwary, 23, son of Abdul Malek, a resident in the upazila.
Locals said Rakib came into contact with a live electric wire while cleaning a polls campaign office at Karamatia Bazar at about 11.00am, leaving him critically injured.
He was taken to hospital where the on-duty doctor declared him dead.
Ramgati Police Station OC Mohammad Sulaiman confirmed the matter.