Headmistress dies of 'food poisoning' in Pirojpur
A headmistress of a local school died and her five other family members fell sick allegedly from food poisoning at Kawkhali upazila in in Pirojpur district.
The deceased was identified as Farhana Khanam, 53, headmistress of No.18 Amrajuri Government Primary School. She was a resident of Sirsha village in the upazila.
Family members of the deceased said Farhana and five others fell sick after they took supper on Sunday night. They suffered from diarrohea, vomiting, fever and headache from Monday morning and were admitted to Pirojpur Sadar Hospital in the afternoon.
Of the six family members, Farhana was referred to Dhaka for better treatment but died on the way at 2.30 am.
Habibullah Fakir, general secretary of Primary Teachers Association, said they might have fallen sick due to food poisoning.