2 siblings in Gazipur die of 'food poisoning'
Published : Sunday, 29 January, 2023 at 6:15 PM Count : 356
Two siblings died reportedly from food poisoning at Salna in Gazipur city on Sunday.
The deceased were Ashamoni, 6 and her sister Alifa Akter, one and a half-month old. Both were the daughters of Ashraful Islam in the area.
Ehtesham, sub-inspector of Sadar Police Station, said father of the children Ashraful on Sunday morning bought a cake and some patties from a shop, owned by one Saiful, adjacent to their house.
After having the food, Ashamoni, Alifa and a six-month old baby Siam, son of a neighbour, fell sick.
They were taken to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Medical College and Hospital where on-duty doctors declared Ashamoni and Alifa dead on arrival.
The official said police suspected that the two children might have died due to food poisoning.
He said legal steps will be taken after getting a complaint from the victims’ family