Three die, 2 hospitalised in Jashore 'consuming toxic alcohol'
Published : Saturday, 28 January, 2023 at 11:44 AM Count : 530
Three people have been died after taking 'toxic liquor' at Sadar upazila in Jashore district.
Two more persons are undergoing treatment at a hospital for the same reason.
The deceased were Jakir Hossain, 28, Islam Mia, 42, and Abul Kashem, 58.
Five persons consumed toxic liquor on Thursday night in a litchi garden at Abad Kachua village of Sadar upazila. Later, they fell sick and admitted to Jashore General Hospital, said sources at the hospital. Three of them died from Friday noon to night.
The hospital's emergency department doctor Abdur Rashid said the five might have fell sick for taking toxic liquor.
Bablu and Ripon have also been admitted to the hospital for the same reason.