Man electrocuted in Meherpur
A man died from electrocution at Gangni upazila in Meherpur district on Saturday afternoon.
The dead was Lavlu Hossain, 40, a resident of Shakdaha village of the upazila.
It was learnt that the man came contact with a live electric wire while he was repairing an electric water pump, leaving him critically injured.
He was rescued and taken to Gangni Upazila Health Complex where he was declared dead by the on-duty doctor.
Gangni Police Station officer-in-charge Abdur Razzak confirmed the matter.