Strict weeklong lockdown begins
Published : Wednesday, 14 April, 2021 at 9:59 AM Count : 456
A seven days' strict lockdown began in the country on Wednesday to contain the spread of deadly coronavirus.
The lockdown order will be effective till midnight on April 21 (Wednesday).
During the lockdown, everything will remain closed, except emergency services, mills and factories, and transportation of goods.
The Cabinet Division has issued directives regarding the all-out lockdown.
The directives are:
1. All public transport services (roads, railway and domestic flights) will remain suspended. However, the directive will not be applicable to goods-laden vehicles, production systems and emergency services. Besides, the restriction will not be effective on individual who is going abroad or returning from abroad.
2. Offices, employees and transports involved in law and order and emergency services like relief distribution, health services, electricity, water, gas/fuel, fire service, activities at ports (land, river and sea), telephone and internet, telecommunication and other services will remain out of the purview of the lockdown.
3. All government/non-government/autonomous offices, courts and private offices can facilitate commute of their employees to work using their own transports on a limited scale. Industries and factories can do the same for their workers. Factories under BGMEA and the BKMEA have to take measures regarding field hospital/treatment for their workers.
4. None will be able to go outside from 6:00pm to 6:00am, except for emergencies (medicine and daily essentials, treatment and burial/cremation etc).
5. Only the sale and supply of foods (from 12:00pm to 7:00pm and 12:00am to 6:00am), and restaurants will be able to operate takeaway/online services of food deliveries. None can eat food sitting in hotels and restaurants.
6. All shops, markets, shopping malls, shopping complexes will remain closed. But shops can continue wholesale and online services. In that case, they have to maintain health guidelines.
7. Buying and selling of kitchen items and daily essentials will be done only in open spaces from 8:00am to 4:00pm following the hygiene rules. The authorities concerned and local administration will ensure the services.
8. Bangladesh Bank will provide necessary directives to continue bank activities on a limited scale.
9. The Armed Forces Division will take necessary measures to set up field hospitals in a suitable location in Dhaka.
10. District and field-level administration across the country will take effective measures to implement the directives and law enforcement agencies will intensify regular patrols.
11. The concerned district administration will coordinate the transport of agricultural workers in case of an urgent need to harvest Boro paddy.
12. Ministry of Religious Affairs will issue guidelines on Jumma congregation (Friday prayer) and Taraweeh prayers following health rules
13. Strict legal action will be taken against those who disobey the directives.