2 electrocuted in 2 districts
Two persons were electrocuted in two districts- Magura and Noakhali, in two days.
MOHAMMADPUR, MAGURA: A woman was electrocuted at Datiadah Village in Mohammadpur Upazila of the district on Tuesday morning.
Deceased Rupali Khatun, 22, was the wife of Joynal Biswas of the village.
Deceased's Brother Monir Hossain said Rupali came in contact with a live wire in the morning and was electrocuted. Later, she died on way to Mohammadpur Upazila Health Complex.
Assistant Sub-Inspector of Babukhali Police Camp Sujon Ali confirmed the incident, and said an unnatural death case was filed in this connection.
NOAKHALI: A man was electrocuted at Char Mazid Village under Purba Char Bata Union in Subarnachar Upazila of the district on Monday morning.
Deceased Rafiq Ullah, 44, was a resident of the village.
Local sources said the deceased was trying to switch on an electric motor for irrigating a pond in the morning. Suddenly, he came in contact of a live electric wire and was electrocuted.
Officer-in-Charge of Char Jabbar Police Station Shahed Uddin no complaint was lodged in this connection.