Two unnatural deaths in two districts
Two persons died unnaturally in two districts- Laxmipur and Sirajganj, recently.
LAXMIPUR: A housewife died from electrocution and three others were injured in Ramgati Upazila of the district on Saturday morning.
Deceased Moni Rani Das, 35, was the wife of Lalit Mohan of Chargazi Union in the upazila. Moni came into contact with a live electric wire around 7am when she tried to hang cloth to dry, leaving her dead on the spot.
Three people were also injured when tried to rescue her during the electrocution. The injured are, now, undergoing treatment at Noakhali General Hospital.
SIRAJGANJ: A worker died and two others fell sick from inhaling toxic gas while cleaning a septic tank in Sadar Upazila of the district on Friday noon.
Deceased Shafiqul Islam, 28, was the son of late Sheikh Mantu of Soyadhangora Uttar Para Mahalla under Sirajganj Municipality.
Acting Station Officer of Sirajganj Fire Service and Civil Defence Hamim said the three workers went to clean an old septic tank at one Shamsul's house in the said area. They were affected by toxic gas after they went down 15 feet deep of the tank. Being informed by locals, fire service personnel rushed there and rescued them. They were taken to 250-Bed Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib General Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared Shafiqul dead.
Sub-Inspector of Sirajganj Sadar Police Station Azim Uddin confirmed the matter.