Saturday, 14 December, 2019, 1:26 PM
Home City News

Day labourer’s house burned in Sylhet fire

Published : Tuesday, 12 November, 2019 at 12:00 AM  Count : 186

SYLHET, Nov 11: The house of a day labourer was gutted in a fire at Baonpur Paschimpara village in Bishwanath upazila in Sylhet on Sunday.
Ashiqur Rahman, Khajanchi Union Bazar Committee general secretary, said the fire originated from an electric short-circuit at the house of Alkhas Ali in the area in the in the afternoon.
Locals tried to douse the fire but could not save the house of the day labourer, he added.
Alkhas and seven members of his family are now forced to live under the sky.
Rama Prosad Chakbarty, officer-in-charge of Bishwanath Police Station, said he had not been informed about the fire but he will look into it.     -UNB



« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: info@dailyobserverbd.com, online@dailyobserverbd.com, news@dailyobserverbd.com, advertisement@dailyobserverbd.com,   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft