Sunday, 31 May, 2020, 10:06 AM
Home Countryside

Two persons electrocuted in 2 districts

Published : Saturday, 9 November, 2019 at 12:00 AM  Count : 309
Our Correspondents

Two persons were electrocuted in two districts- Laxmipur and Naogaon, in two days.
KAMALNAGAR, LAXMIPUR: A schoolboy was electrocuted in Talpotty area under Char Folkon Union in Kamalnagar Upazila of the district on Thursday noon.
Deceased Md Samir, 10, was the son of Md Hedayet Ullah of the area, and a student of class four at local Hajjirhat Ideal Kindergarten.
Locals said the boy climbed up the roof of their tin-shed house, and was electrocuted after he came in touch of a live electric wire.
Local Union Parishad Chairman Hajji Harunur Rashid confirmed the incident.
DHAMOIRHAT, NAOGAON: A man was electrocuted at Neuta Village in Dhamoirhat Upazila of the district on Tuesday noon.
Deceased Abdus Salam Babu, 50, was the son of late Sozir Uddin of the village.
Family sources said Babu was charging his battery-run easy bike at noon. At one stage, he tried to disconnect the plug of the charger, and was electrocuted.
Later, he died on the way to Upazila Health Complex.

Officer-in-Charge Dhamoirhat Police Station Md Zakirul Islam said the body was handed over to family members, and an unnatural death case was filed in this connection.

« PreviousNext »

Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, 01552319639, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft