Thursday, 21 November, 2019, 8:47 AM
Home Countryside

Worker dies while cleaning septic tank

Published : Friday, 8 November, 2019 at 6:34 PM  Count : 220
By Ashok Banarjee

Worker dies while cleaning septic tank

Worker dies while cleaning septic tank


A worker died and two others fell sick from inhaling toxic gas while cleaning a septic tank in Sadar upazila of Sirajganj district on Friday afternoon.

Deceased Shafiqul Islam, 28, was the son of late Sheikh Mantu, of Soyadhangora Uttarpara area under Sirajganj municipality.

Sirjganj Fire Service and Civil Defense acting station officer Hamim said the three workers went to clean an old septic tank in one Shamsul's house in Soyadhangora Uttarpara area. They were affected by toxic gas after they went down 15 feet depth of the tank.

Being informed by locals, fire service personnel rushed to there and rescued them.

The sick people were taken to 250-bed Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib General Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared Shafiqul dead.

Sirajganj Sadar Police Station sub-inspector Azim Uddin confirmed the matter.






MUS/GY

Related Topics

Worker   Dead   Septic tank  




« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: info@dailyobserverbd.com, online@dailyobserverbd.com, news@dailyobserverbd.com, advertisement@dailyobserverbd.com,   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft