Two electrocuted in two districts
Two persons were electrocuted in two districts- Joypurhat and Patuakhali, on Friday.
JOYPURHAT: A fisherman was electrocuted in Bozorbarahi Village in Khetlal Upazila of the district on Friday evening.
Deceased Saiful Islam, 42, was the son of Abdus Salam of the village.
Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Khetlal Police Station Siddikur Rahman said Saiful had been farming fish at the pond beside his house for long. To save the fishes from being stolen, he installed an electric barrier surrounding the pond. On Friday evening, he accidentally touched the water of the pond and was electrocuted.
Family members took him to Upazila Hospital, where on-duty doctor declared him dead.
An unnatural death case was filed in this connection, the OC added.
BAUPHAL, PATUAKHALI: An employee of Palli Bidyut Samity (PBS) was electrocuted in Bauphal Upazila of the district on Friday afternoon.
Deceased Ashiqur Rahman, 25, was a resident of Rangpur District. He worked as a lineman at Bauphal PBS.
Locals said Ashiqur was fixing an electronic meter at a house in Khejurbari Village of the upazila. Suddenly, he came in contact with a live wire, and was electrocuted.
He was rushed to Bauphal Hospital where he was declared dead.