Scholarship offer for Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth Scholarship enables students from Commonwealth countries to study in other Commonwealth countries. The scheme has been helping students to develop their education since 1959. Awards in the UK are funded by the Department for International Development, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Education (DFE), in conjunction with UK universities.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing the United Kingdom's contribution to Commonwealth Scholarships. CSC awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
* Science and technology for development
* Strengthening health systems and capacity
* Promoting global prosperity
* Strengthening global peace, security and governance
* Strengthening resilience and response to crises
* Access, inclusion and opportunity.
These scholarships include:
* Economy travel air fare
* Visa processing fee
* Tuition fee
* Maintenance and other allowances, during the study period.
* Be a Bangladeshi citizen, residing in Bangladesh
* Hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant post-graduate qualification
* Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
* Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The CSC invites around three times more nominations than scholarships available - therefore, nominated candidates are not guaranteed to be awarded a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any individual country. Candidates nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by other nominating bodies, and the same standards will be applied to applications made through either channel. Firstly, the candidates are shortlisted based on their application and later they are further assessed through personal interviews. This phase of selection is conducted in Bangladesh, by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Nominations for the prospective fellows are required to be sent to the Ministry of Education (MOE), from respective institutions and organisations. The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) London does the final selection on the basis of the nominations sent by the MOE.
Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
* academic merit
* quality of the proposal
* likely impact of the work on the development of the candidate's home country
Eligible subject areas:
* One-year taught master's course
* six-month fellowship
* distance learning
* split-site scholarship
You must make your application using the CSC's online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation to be eligible for consideration:
* Proof of citizenship or refugee status - uploaded to the online application system
* Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) - uploaded to the online application system
* References from at least two individuals - submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees are able to complete the references by the deadline and that they receive the reference requests.
For more information on Commonwealth Scholarship schemes visit Commonwealth Scholarships Commission's Website or University Grants Commission, Bangladesh, Agargaon, Dhaka 1207, Telephone: 88-02-8113242, 88-02-8124133