Become a changemaker
All around us, we see evidence that we now live in a world of accelerating change, volatility and hyper connectivity. Yet, societies around the world continue to focus on an old idea that "success" for young people means being ready for a stable job. However, according to the World Economic Forum, "65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don't yet exist."
In a world defined by change, no one can afford to build a life around repetition, instead to be a contributor, an active player, everyone must learn to be a changemaker, a person who steps up to solve problems for the good of all. In other words, becoming a changemaker must become the new norm for growing up.
At the heart of this movement Ashoka Bangladesh is inviting nominations for selecting Ashoka Young Changemakers (AYC). It is a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all and are ready to take on their role as youth influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global everyone a changemaker movement.
Ashoka Innovators for the Public is the world's largest network of social entrepreneurs and changemakers. As a part of the young changemaker community you will get access to the large community of 4000 Ashoka Fellows and over 1000 young changemakers across the world, as well as mentorship, media recognition, access to more opportunities and more!
This opportunity is just for you if:
1. You are under 20 years of age
2. You are a Changemaker
* Your idea - You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
* Your team - You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead, helping them realise they can create positive change.
* Your world changed - You helped improve people's lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
3. You want to co-lead the global everyone a changemaker movement
You are a co-leader - You believe that everyone needs to take initiative and solve problems; everyone needs to find their power as changemakers. You are eager to help your peers and everyone in your school/community/country to find their power.
* Online Nomination & Screening
Nominate yourself or someone you know through the online form. Reflect on your journey as a changemaker and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
Talk with 3-5 social entrepreneurs and young changemakers from Ashoka's global network. Understand Ashoka better, and gain expert insights to advance your changemaking journey.
* Selection Panel
Attend an in-person discussion and selection panel that would include top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas to influence youth culture in your country and to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement. Reimbursements are available for all candidates to cover panel related expenses like domestic travel, accommodation, and food. Candidates can also bring a parent or adult ally during the visit.
After selection procedure
The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers. You are inducted into a global community and gain access to co-leadership boot camps, media partnerships, public speaking platforms, exposure visits, strategic allies and more opportunities to grow yourself and to influence youth culture in your country.
Every Ashoka Young Changemaker is tasked with the responsibility of co-leading the Everyone a Changemaker movement. As a co-leader, you can drive existing Ashoka initiatives for young people or come up with new ideas to fuel the movement. For example:
* Be a peer ally to other young people and help kick-start their changemaking journeys
* Engage with top social entrepreneurs and thought leaders
* Create opportunities within your own venture for other young people to step up and lead change
* Speak at reputed public platforms and share your story through media partnerships
* Influence your school/community to trust in youth to lead
* Build partnerships to start and scale effective solutions that can end the new inequality
* Access resources and networks to achieve greater impact
* Come up with your own ideas to fuel the movement and test them in a supportive community
To nominate yourself or someone you know, nomination form is available at: https://www.tfaforms.com/4726607
For more details please visit: https://www.ashoka.org/young-changemakers
Last date to nominate is 15th October 2019.