Siblings die from snakebite in Jhenidah
Two brothers died from snakebite in Shailkupa upazila of Jhenidah early Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Shahid Hossain, 30, and Sohan Hossen, 10, sons of Nowab Ali, residents of Nakpara village in the upazila.
Nakpara village Union Parishad member Abdul Hannan said venomous snake bit Shahid and Sohan while they were sleeping in their room at early Tuesday, leaving them critically injured.
They were rushed to Shoilikupa Upazila Health Complex.
Following deterioration of their condition, they were shifted to Kushtia General Hospital where they succumbed to the injuries.
Assistant superintendent of Shoilikupa circle police Ariful Islam confirmed the matter.