Saturday, 29 February, 2020, 3:52 PM
latest Couple among 6 killed in Rajshahi road mishap       
Home Countryside

Four electrocuted in 4 dists

Published : Tuesday, 10 September, 2019 at 12:00 AM  Count : 376
Our Correspondents

Four persons were electrocuted in four districts- Noakhali, Bogura, Magura and Dinajpur, in three days.
NOAKHALI: A young man was electrocuted in Chatkhil Upazila of the district on Sunday afternoon.
Deceased Putul, 27, was the son of Ali Ahmed, a resident of Karihati Village in the upazila.
The victim's relatives said, Putul came in contract with a live electric wire while repairing an electric line at a shop in Karihati Bazaar, leaving him critically injured.
Later, he died on the way to Noakhali General Hospital.
BOGURA: A man died from electrocution in Gabtali Upazila of the district early Sunday.
Son of Chunilal, deceased Sanjit Kumar, 32, was a resident in the upazila.
Gabtali Police Station (PS) Officer-in-Charge (OC) Selim Hossain said, Sanjit came in contact with a live electric wire when he tried to switch on an electric trap at a poultry farm in Naruamala Village around 4am.
Police recovered the body and sent it to Bogura Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital morgue for an autopsy in the morning.
MAGURA: A schoolboy was electrocuted at Narihati Village in Sadar Upazila of the district on Saturday noon.
Deceased Hridoy Hossain was the son of a Saudi expatriate Ariful Islam of the village and a student of class ten at Magura Technical School and College.
Family sources said Hridoy was repairing an electricity line at their house, and was electrocuted.
He was rushed to 250-Bed Magura Hospital where he was declared dead.
OC of Sadar PS Sirajul Islam said, an unnatural death case was filed in this connection, and the body was handed over to family members without autopsy.
BIRAMPUR, DINAJPUR: A youth was electrocuted at Daudpur Village under Katla Union in Birampur Upazila of the district on Friday night.
Deceased Kawsar Rahman was a resident of the village.
Sources said the deceased was connecting a switch to a plug on Friday night at his house.
At that time, he was electrocuted.
Later, he died on the way to Upazila Health Complex.
Local Union Parishad Chairman Md Nazir Hossen confirmed the incident.

« PreviousNext »

Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft