5 more fishermen found dead in Cox’s Bazar
Published : Friday, 12 July, 2019 at 9:33 AM Count : 276
Bodies of five of 17 fishermen, who went missing after they were caught up in a storm in the deep sea, were washed ashore on Thursday.
Saiful Islam, officer-in-charge of Cox's Bazar Sadar Model Police Station, said they recovered three bodies from Diabetic Point of the beach around 10pm on Thursday. Two more bodies were recovered from Sugandha beach and Dhalaghata area around noon, UNB reports.
Apart from these, six bodies were recovered from different points of the beach on Wednesday, said the OC, adding that they also rescued two fishermen.
Amid a 65-day fishing ban in the Bay, at least 17 fishermen from Bhola's Charfesson went to deep sea for fishing on July 4. But their trawler sank after it was caught in a storm on July 6.
All of the fishermen had been missing since then.