3 electrocuted in 2 districts
Three persons were electrocuted in two districts- Khulna and Gazipur, in two days.
PAIKGACHHA, KHULNA: A man was electrocuted at Goroikhali Village under Paikgachha Upazila of the district on Thursday morning.
Deceased Malek Gazi, 53, was the son of late Tafser Gazi of the village.
Goroikhali Union Parishad Panel Chairman Abdus Salam Keru said the deceased was repairing an electricity line at his uncle's house in the morning when he was electrocuted.
He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared dead.
SREEPUR, GAZIPUR: A man and his son were electrocuted at Kaldaiya Village under Rayed Union in Kapasia Upazila of the district on Wednesday night.
The deceased were identified as Md Emarat Hossen, 45, of the village and his son Md Selim, 21.
Rayed Union Parishad Chairman Md Shafiqul Hakim Molla Heron said the victims were trying to install a television antenna on bamboo stick on Wednesday night. At one stage, the stick fell on an electric line and both were electrocuted.
They were rushed to a local hospital and later to Shaheed Tajuddin Medical College Hospital where they were declared dead.
Officer-in-Charge of Kapasia Police Station Md Rafiqul Islam said the bodies were handed over to family members.