Three electrocuted in two districts
Three persons were electrocuted in two districts- Gazipur and Kishoreganj, in two days.
SREEPUR, GAZIPUR: An electrician was electrocuted at Bhangnahati Village under Sreepur Municipality on Saturday morning.
Deceased Borhan Uddin, 20, was the son of Atahar Uddin of Baliapara Village under Gafargaon Upazila in Mymensingh District. He used to live at a rented house of one Dulal Uddin at Bhangnahati Village along with his family.
Family sources said Borhan was wearing an electric line at the house of one Mujibur Rahman when he was electrocuted.
He was rushed to Sreepur Upazila Health Complex where he was declared dead.
KISHOREGANJ: Two persons were electrocuted in Bajitpur Upazila of the district on Thursday morning.
Deceased Mistu Miah and Sumon Miah were the residents of Belvita Village in the upazila.
Mistu Miah came into contact with a live electric wire on a road while going to his field for irrigation in the morning. He died on the spot.
Sumon and Shahjahan also received burn injuries when they came to rescue Mistu.
They were rushed to Vagolpur Johurul Islam Medical College Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared Sumon dead.
Mazharul Haque Nahid, chairman of Hilchia Union Parishad, confirmed the matter.