Jasmin Akther Jasy is a culinary artist who lives in Chittagong. She was a participant of Shera Rondhonshilpi 2018 in which she achieved 7th spot.
1 tin condensed milk (14 ounce)
2 cup milk powder
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
3-4 strands of saffron
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Almond/pistachios to garnish
1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
* Soak the saffron in the milk.
* Heat a saucepan and add ghee into it.
* Pour the condensed milk into the saucepan and to it add the milk powder and the cardamom powder and start boiling it in medium to low heat.
* Keep stirring until the mixture starts thickening and starts forming like dough.
* Add the saffron milk to this dough and mix it and stop cooking it.
* Grease your palms and make small balls of this dough.
* Place the ball in your palm and press with your thumb making a small dent in it and form it into the shape of peda.
* Garnish with chopped/whole almonds/pistachios.
FMF Semolina : 1 Cup
Sugar (Finely Grinded) : 3/4 Cup
Ghee : 3/4 Cup
Milk powder : 1 Cup
Crushed Cardamom Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Nutmeg Powder : 1 Teaspoon
1) Fry Semolina on low heat without ghee till golden brown.
2) Let it cool and grind finely.
3) Mix grinded Sugar, Milk Powder, crushed Cardamom Seeds and Nutmeg Powder to the grinded Semolina.
4) Heat ghee and mix to the mixture.
5) While the mixture is still warm, form round balls from the mixture.
Tip: Take 1-2 tablespoon of the mix with 1/2 -1 tablespoon of warm ghee at a time and bind each ladoo.
6) Leave round balls to dry before serving