Farmer electrocuted in Gopalganj
GOPALGANJ, Nov 10: A farmer was electrocuted at Bethury Village of Kashiani Upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Jahangir Sheikh, 40, son of late Shamsul Haque of Parkushli Village in Sadar Upazila.
He was an agricultural labourer and worked in different fields staying at the house of Soleman Molla at Bethury Village.
Local people said Jahangir set a rat trap with electric wire around his field. On Friday early hours, he was irrigating the field when he came in contact of the live electric wire, leaving him electrocuted and dead on the spot.
In-charge of Ramdia police outpost under Kashiani Police Station Khandaker Aminur Rahman said the body was recovered and sent to Gopalganj 250-Bed General Hospital morgue for an autopsy.