Kushtia: Two workers died and another fell sick after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank of an under-construction building at BSCIC Industrial area in Sadar upazila on Sunday.
The victims were identified as Ashiq, 22, son of Shahin Mollah, Shahin, 25, son of Mafiz Mollah.
Witnesses said Ashiq, Shahin, and Mithun were working in the under-construction building of one Anisul Islam of the area.
At one stage, Shahin slipped into a broken septic tank around 12:30 pm and went missing.
Later, Ashiq and Mithun entered the septic tank to rescue Shahin and went missing.
Being informed, a firefighting unit rescued the trio and rushed them to Kushtia General Hospital where doctors declared Ashiq and Shahin dead.