Space For Rent
Saturday, February 27, 2016, Falgun 15, 1422 BS, Jamadiul Awwal 17, 1437 Hijri


Uttara gas fire victim Shahnewaz dies
Observer Online Report
Published :Saturday, 27 February, 2016,  Time : 7:14 PM  View Count : 28
After the deaths of his two sons on Friday, Shahnewaz, received injuries in a fire incident in city's Uttara, also lost his fight for life on Saturday.

Shahnewaz, 45, along with his wife and three children received burn injuries early Friday in a fire that broke out when a gas pipeline exploded at their rented residence in the capital’s Uttara.

Doctors declared him dead at about 6pm today.

Resident physician of the Burn Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) Dr Partha Shankar Paul said Shahnewaz's wife Sumaiya, 35, is still in critical condition.

Shahnewaz suffered 95 percent burns on his body while his wife 90 percent.

Two of their sons, elder Shahalin Bin Shahnewaz, 15, and younger son Jayan Bin Shahnewaz, 14 months, died on Friday.

The second son Jarif Bin Shahnewaz, 11, who suffered 6 percent burns, is doing well and taken to a relatives' house.

The five family members were burnt in the fire that originated in the kitchen of their flat on Friday morning following gas burner blast.

LY







Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka. Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Fax: 9586659-60, Advertisemnet: 9513663, E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]