Space For Rent
Sunday, February 14, 2016, Falgun 2, 1422 BS, Jamadiul Awwal 3, 1437 Hijri


ICT chief prosecutor writes ministry against Mohammad Ali
Observer Online Desk
Published :Sunday, 14 February, 2016,  Time : 10:46 PM  View Count : 0
The Chief Prosecutor of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) on Sunday sent a letter to the Law Ministry to take action against withdrawn prosecutor Mohammad Ali for misconduct and violating discipline

Ghulam Arief Tipoo termed what Mohammad Ali had done not right. “We had been forced to inform the authorities concerned about him,” he said.

A copy of the latter was sent to the Law Minister while another to the law secretary and the other to ICT registrar.

Earlier on February 4, Mohammad Ali was withdrawn from all cases involving the tribunal “in the public interest”.

He was asked to stay away from case proceedings until any further notice.

Tribunal sources said Ali was withdrawn for helping a Member of Parliament, who is now in jail for his alleged involvement in crimes against humanity during the liberation war, to get bail.

UNB/RI
 







Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka. Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Fax: 9586659-60, Advertisemnet: 9513663, E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]