London, Nov 8: Sachin Tendulkar said Friday the West Indies' shock decision to cut short their tour of India was "not good for cricket".
However, the India great was at a loss to know what caused them to take such drastic action.
Tendulkar, in London to promote his autobiography, 'Playing It My Way', said that since retiring last year, having played his 200th Test match and become the only man to score 100 international centuries, he had not been that heavily involved in cricket.
"Since I've retired I've not been following cricket as closely," he said during a press conference at Lord's.
"I only read a couple of things - to go into details I really don't know what transpired that made them take that decision.
"It's definitely not good for cricket but if I speak further on this topic it would be unwise," the 41-year-old added.
"I don't know what the respective players have said to their boards so I don't want to make a big statement on that."
The already cash-strapped West Indies Cricket Board was left facing a $42 million (£26.2 million, 33.5 million euros) claim by their Indian counterparts for lost earnings after their side quit the tour following the fourth ODI in Dharamsala on October 17, even though the fifth one-day international, a Twenty20 match and three Tests still remained to be played.
That prompted the Board of Control for Cricket in India to respond by cancelling a tour scheduled for February and March 2016 to play three Tests, five one-dayers and a Twenty20