Saturday, 23 September, 2017, 2:38 AM
Home Countryside
Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Observer Online Desk
Published : Friday, 19 May, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Count : 108
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila on Thursday evening.

The victims were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.

Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.

Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.

UNB/NS









« PreviousNext »

More News...
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Fax: 9586659-60, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: info@dailyobserverbd.com, news@dailyobserverbd.com, advertisement@dailyobserverbd.com,  [ABOUT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft