Green versus ripe mango
Published : Friday, 19 May, 2017 at 12:00 AM Count : 119
* Green mangoes are effective in the treatment of gastro-intestinal troubles. Add honey and salt to one chopped green mango. Eating this combination helps cure diarrhea due to heat, morning sickness, constipation, dysentery, chronic dyspepsia and indigestion.
* Raw mango protects from negative effects of excessive heat during summers. Raw mango sprinkled with salt is consumed to prevent too much loss of water from the body. Heat stroke can be treated with raw mango panna. It is an amazing drink for summer.
* Amchur is used to treat scurvy. Scurvy is disease that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C.
* Raw mangoes are a wonderful tonic for liver disorders.
* It helps in removing waste from the body.
* Ripe Mango is rich in minerals, vitamins, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
* According to new studies, ripe mango prevents cancers of the breast, prostate, colon and leukamia.
* Ripe mango is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and carotenes. 100 g of fresh fruit provides 25% of recommended daily levels of vitamin-A.
* It is also a pretty good source of vitamin C, vitamin-B6 and vitamin-E. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body fight against infections and scavenge harmful free-radicals. Vitamin B-6 is required for a hormone production in the brain.
* Mango has moderate amounts of the mineral copper. Copper is required to be parts of several enzymes and for the production of red blood cells.