Jasmin Akther jasy is a culinary artist who lives in Chittagong. She was a participant of Shera Rondhonshilpi 2018 in which she achieved 7th spot.
Beef - 2 kg
Mustard oil - 1/2 cup
Plain yogurt - 3 tablespoon
Onion - 2 tablespoon
Chopped Onion golden fried - 1/2 cup
Onion cube - 1/2 cup
Dark Soy sauce - 1/4 cup
Whole Garam Masala:
Green Cardamon - 4
Cinnamon stick - 2
Cloves - 4
Bay leaves - 2 pieces
Green Chili - 4-5
Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
Peanut paste - 1 tbsp
Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Cumin Paste - 1 tsp
White pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon or adjust Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Nutmeg-mace powder - 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masla powder - 1/2 tsp
1. At first marinate the beef with say sauce red chilies powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, plain yogurt, white pepper, peanut paste and nutmeg-mace powder. Keep aside for one hour.
2. After one hour heat half of oil a pan, add half of whole cardamon, cinnamon and bay leaves.
3. Then add chopped onion and fry a little. Place the marinated beef, salt and add two cups of water.
4. Cook on medium high heat for 30 minutes or until soft and tender. Once cooked then keep stirring until all water dries up.
5. Tempering: Heat oil in a large another fry pan, add remaining oil, cinnamon-cardamon, bay leaves and fry a little.
6. Add cooked beef and stirring continuously.
7. Next add roasted cumin powder and garam maasla powder.
8. Then add green chilies, cubed onion and stir for 2-3 minutes.
9. Turn off flame and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with fried onion.
Authentic Chattogram Mejbani Beef
Mustard oil-- 1cup
Beresta (fried onion)-- 1cup
Onion paste-- 1/4cup
Mustard Paste-- 1tbsp
Ginger garlic paste-- 1tbsp each
Cinnamon-- 3 stick
Bay leave-- 2
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder-- 2tsp
Red chili powder-- 2tbsp
Cumin and coriander powder-- 1tsp each
Green chili-- 5
For Mejbani Masala
Roasted cumin seeds-- 1tsp * Nutmeg --1/2piece * Mace --1/4 tsp * Roasted Whole Black pepper-- 1tsp * Kababchini-- 1tsp
* Roasted Coriander seeds-- 1tsp * Poppy seeds-- 1tsp * Fenugreek seeds-- 1tsp
* Cardamom-- 4 * Cinnamon-- 3 stick
* Clove-- 3
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients with beef. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
2. Grind all the mejbani masala and set aside.
3. Heat a pan, place marinated beef into the pan and stir and cook on high heat until oil separates. Now add 1 cup water, keep stirring than again cook it unit oil separates.
4. Now add 3cup water, cover the pan and cook on very low heat until beef tenders and gravy becomes thick.
5. Sprinkle mejbani masala and 1tbsp ghee over the beef and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more on low heat.
6. Serve hot with plain rice.