Six shops burned down
A fire burned down six shops at town club road in Pirojpur town on Friday morning.
Shops of medicine, fruit, fast food, plastic and polythene shop, book library, and saloon were burnt in the fire.
Originated from an electric short circuit, the fire caused loss around Tk 20 lakh, said sources in fire service and civil defence.
Two units of firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the blaze after two and half hours' efforts.
Local people alleged that fire services came to the spot lately.
Meanwhile, station officer of fire service Abdul Haq Mia said there was not water to put out the fire. So authorities concerned should reserve water, keep easy access at canals and other sources needed to control fire.
Municipality mayor Md. Habibur Rahman Malek, additional SP Ahmed Moinul Hasan and other officials visited the spot.