Tuesday, 13 November, 2018, 8:24 AM
Home Countryside

All 8 members of a family burnt alive

Published : Thursday, 8 November, 2018 at 9:21 AM Count : 553
By Shahadul Islam Saju


Eight members of a family were burnt alive in a fire that broke out in a house at Aramnagar of Joypurhat district town on Wednesday night.

Joypurhat Fire Service and Civil Defence Station inspector Sirajul Islam said being informed, police and fire fighters rushed to the scene and recovered the charred bodies of Momena Begum, 65, wife of Dulal Hossain, their son Abdul Momin, 37, and Momin's daughter Brishti, 14, a JSC candidate, from the house.

They also rescued Dulal Hossain, 71, Porina Begum, wife of Momin, Porina's twin daughters Hashi and Khushi, 12, and her son Abdur Noor, 6, and admitted them to Joypurhat Adhunik Hospital. Doctors of the hospital referred them to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital observing their grave condition.
 
But, the five died on way to Dhaka, said Rashidul Hasan, superintendent of Joypurhat Police.

He said, the fire originated from an electric short circuit around 10pm when Momena was cooking in an electric rice cooker.   

Fire fighters doused the blaze after one-and-a-half hour of frantic efforts.

A pal of gloom gripped the area following the tragic death of an entire family.

TF/LY



« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail: info@observerbd.com, online@observerbd.com, news@observerbd.com, advertisement@observerbd.com,   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft