College student electrocuted in Rajshahi
Published : Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 at 5:33 PM Count : 153
A college student was electrocuted at Basudebpur village under Shilmariya union of Puthia upazila in Rajshahi around 10:30 am on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Rasel Ahmed, 18, son of Ketab Ali, resident of Basudebpur. He is a student of Class XI of Dhopapara Degree College.
Rasel's cousin, Rafiqul Islam, said that Rasel was electrified while repairing electricity connection to his own house on Wednesday morning.
He was rushed to Puthia Upazila Health Complex in a critical condition where on-duty doctor declared him dead.
Rafiqul Islam lodged an unnatural death case in this regard, said Officer-in-Charge of Police Station OC (Investigation) Rakibul Hasan.