NARAYANGANJ, Oct 16: A fire broke out at the floating restaurant, Mary Anderson, at Fatullah in Sadar upazila on Wednesday night.
However, there was no report of casualty from the blaze.
Sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at Mary Anderson, a yacht-turned restaurant, run by Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation, on the Buriganga river at Pagla at about 11:30pm and soon spread to the entire restaurant.
On information, five firefighting units from Dhaka and Narayanganj and a team of Navy rushed in and doused the flame after one hour of frantic efforts.
Nazrul Islam, manager of Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation, claimed that the loss caused by the fire could go up to Tk5 crore. ?UNB